Welcome to the Animal Justice Party Blue Mountains and Macquarie. We are an active group of over 150 members all interested in better outcomes for Animals, People and Planet.
We advocate on local, State and Federal issues that affect our wonderful Blue Mountains and World Heritage Areas.
Local Issues include:
- Stopping over-development and the erosion of quality of life for people and nature.
- Opposing the proposed raising of Warragamba Dam and the damage it would cause to indigenous culture, native animals and crucial habitat
- Fighting for curfews on aviation operating from the Badgerys Creek Airport and ensuring flight paths do not erode quality of life for residents, affect native animals and the unique biodiversity of the Blue Mountains via noise and pollution.
State and Federal issues include:
- Immediate action by Governments on climate change.
- Transitioning industrial agriculture to a more humane and less environmentally destructive industry.
- Ending the cruel Live Export industry.
- Ending industrial logging and protecting koala habitat.
- Ending commercial slaughter of our wildlife such as kangaroos and possums.
Please consider joining us and being a voice for those in our communities that are so often not represented by our governments - Animals, People, Planet.
Our core values are Kindness, Equality, Rationality and Non-Violence.
Meetings: We meet every third Tuesday at Lawson Bowling Club. You are most welcome.