Welcome to the AJP’s Sydney South West Regional Group covering the Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool and Fairfield Local Government Areas. We are a small but growing group, proud to have in our ranks Matt Stellino ([email protected]), recently elected Councillor to the Campbelltown City Council, who proudly and passionately advocates for animals on the Campbelltown City Council (See here for Councillor Matt Stellino’s Official Facebook page).
The Macarthur region was once used by Colonists for animal agriculture, primarily sheep and dairy cows. We would like to see the Macarthur region once again be closely associated with animals, but this time, for all the right reasons! With one of the last disease free Koala populations in Australia being forced out by housing development, it is a critical time for us all to stand up and give voice to this iconic Aussie marsupial. It may soon be too late, so please, join us!
Specific Local issues which we are actively engaged in include:
- Lobbying Councils to ensure animal welfare is always considered during the Development Approval Process
- Active participation through Councillor Matt Stellino on the Georges Riverkeeper Initiative
- Seeking to minimise impacts of special event fireworks nights on local Flying Fox populations (not to mention domestic pets and other wildlife in general)
- Community Outreach through BBQ’s and community events
As with the other Regional Groups, we also support, advocate and protest for causes such as:
- Ending the barbaric Live Export Trade
- Ending the mass slaughter of Kangaroos
- Advocating for non-lethal controls of introduced species
If you are an Animal Lover and feel a connection to the AJP’s Core Values of Kindness, Equality, Rationality and Non-Violence, please join us! Help us give a voice to those that don’t have one.
Regional Group Leader: [email protected]
Deputy Regional Group Leader: [email protected]
Regional Group General Enquiries: [email protected]
Meetings: Get in touch fore more info!