We have a vision for creating an ethical and equal future for animals, environment and people here in New South Wales.
Approximately 80 per cent of national, state and local legislation affects animals. Whether it’s kangaroo slaughter, intensive factory farming, puppy farms, animal testing or the live export trade, AJP NSW is there to make sure animals come first in our state legislation.
Our MPs Mark Pearson and Emma Hurst are providing a voice for animals in NSW Parliament by focussing on the following areas of intense animal cruelty and abuse:
- Ensuring tougher penalties and stronger enforcement of animal protection laws in NSW
- Putting an end to the inhumane puppy farming industry
- Closing loopholes in legislation to protect animal and human victims of domestic violence
- Giving cats and dogs used in research and teaching facilities the opportunity to find a home after ‘use’
- Saving greyhounds by reinstating the racing ban
- Banning the use of exotic animals for human “entertainment”
- Ending the cruel battery cage hen industry
- Giving greater transparency to the animal agribusiness industry
- Protecting kangaroos and koalas from land clearing, culling, and exploitation
- Shielding wombats from mange and conserving wombat populations
Following the election of Mark Pearson MP in 2015, we have already seen incredible changes for animals here in NSW. Now we have two MPs in Parliament, we are ready to achieve so much more!