Why get involved with the Animal Justice Party Youth wing?
By getting involved in the youth wing you are getting involved in a growing global political force for animals. We will now be joining the Dutch, UK, Swedish and French animal parties, by having a dedicated youth wing. The youth wing seeks to engage with young people and give them a powerful voice within the Party, by enabling them to pursue campaigns and policies and ultimately playing a role in getting more AJP representatives in parliament and real change for animals.
The Animal Justice Party Youth Wing has the following objectives:
- Increase engagement with young people;
- Allow the running of events by young AJP members, for young AJP members;
- Develop and mentor the future leaders of the Party;
- Increase electoral success through winning votes from young Australians;
- Develop and run relevant campaigns in line with the Party’s policy platform;
- Support the creation of local clubs at universities and schools; and
- Give young people a platform to have a say and be involved in the party.
Do You Want To Get Involved?
We are looking for people between the ages of 14-28 to step up and take on role in our inaugral NSW Youth Wing Committee.
Please take a look at the roles below and put in an expression of interest.
Chairman Responsible for overseeing the local groups, for leading the state committee & its meetings, and representing the state in the national board, as well as engaging with the press
Secretary Responsible for managing the structure of the organisation, keeping track of members & volunteers, and managing the state diary
Treasurer Responsible for managing the state finances and developing new sources of revenue or sponsorships, and maintaining their value
Communication Responsible for the online presence of the state, as well as the primary email address of the state
Development Responsible for the (political) development of members of the youth wing, both their skills and their knowledge of issues
Promotion Responsible for helping outsiders find out about the AJP youth wing and getting them to the point that they become members or supporters
Involvement Responsible for helping (mostly new) passive members to become involved in the AJP youth wing in a meaningful way