There are lots of opportunities to get involved with the Animal Justice Party and apply your skills, time and experience to the cause of animal justice.
Volunteering your time to progress the Party not only has benefits animals, it can also be rewarding on a personal level.
As an engaged member and volunteer you can:
- Make Australia a better place for animals
- Connect with like-minded people
- learn campaigning and advocacy skills
- get support for animal justice initiatives in your community
We need volunteers for our working groups and to start up and join regional groups.
In NSW we currently have the following working groups:
- Companion animal law reform
- Submission development
- Marketing and outreach
Our working groups meet bi-monthly, and generally require a commitment of around 2 hours per week – however this is variable and we understand that at certain times you may have personal and work commitments that require you to take time off the working group and its commitments. We also need people with IT, finance, graphic design, HR and administrative skills.
Regional groups are integral to the success of the Animal Justice Party. We need local groups to campaign on local animal issues and to participate in local, state and federal elections.
Regional Groups have a number of important functions including:
- Putting up candidates in elections
- Marketing and outreach – including stalls, events and local media
- Campaigns – organize animal campaigns and rallies on local issues, or local events as part of wider animal campaigns
- Policy – contribute to state and national policy discussions
We currently have active Regional Groups in:
- The Blue Mountains;
- Northern Rivers; and
- Lake Macquarie
With new groups starting up soon in:
- the Inner West of Sydney; and
- the Central Coast
There are a number of roles required including; convenor, treasurer, secretary, fundraising, media liaison and general members.
Some Regional Groups meet monthly some bi-monthly and time commitment is variable, depending on the role you take on.
We need regional groups across every electorate in NSW so if you are interested in starting one up get in touch. And if you are interested in joining one of our established groups get in touch as well!
If you want any further information about the working groups or regional groups please contact Louise Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9261 2047.