What we do in NSW
In NSW we are
Our elected member of Parliament Mark Pearson is giving a voice to animals in parliament by introducing bills:
- Banning the use of primates for medical research;
- Banning animals in circuses and entertainment; and
- Implementing mandatory monitoring systems and fire sprinklers in intensive animal facilities.
We are also:
- Developing Companion Animals policy including limits on breeding, support for rescue groups and pound management reform, including legislative change to prohibit Council pounds from killing healthy animals that are awaiting rehoming; and
- Lobbying the Minister for the Environment to trial an immune-contraceptive darting program for brumbies in place of aerial shooting.